Friday, August 28, 2009

Pre-50

As I sit here contemplating turning 50, I am struck with many thoughts. Some good, some not so good.



I have seen many changes in this brief period of time.



Just in my lifetime we have been to the moon and back! Just think about that. The moon, that was a distant futuristic thought when I was a kid. There was no way this could happen, yet I remember that warm July night in Florida, 1969. My dad pulled the car over and made us look up at the moon as he explained "there really is a man on the moon". Unbelievable!



I remember computers that took data cards, and were as big as a garage, and yet now we have them in the smallest of devices. They are in the smallest of devices and powerful beyond comprehension.



I have seen a young boy, who had traveled all over the United States with his family, who was wild at heart and untameable, not only settle down, but raise a family that has far exceeded his dreams for them.



I have also seen the bad side of life in this short time as well.



I Have seen the Vietnam war start and end, and how we as a country treated those soldiers which such disdain as they returned.



I have seen the assassination of a President (JFK), his brother(RFK) and Civil Rights Leader Martin Luther King Jr. The attempted assassinations of two other Presidents(Ford and Reagan)



I have seen the World Trade Towers fall at the hand of terrorists. Something i thought would never touch America.



These are just a few observations that are running through my brain. I will save the others for another blog.



The one constant through all of these thoughts listed above is that my God is still control of the good, the bad and the ugly. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment